I started to write about becoming a stay-at-home mom, the difficulties I have with it and the first steps I’ve taken to get there. Today, I felt like I had made some improvement on my stay-at-home status. Here was my day:
– Woken up at 4:50 by AP. Gave milk, changed diaper and fell asleep some time later again next to him on the ledge of his narrow couch (not confortable).
– Got up at 7:20.
– Did the dishes (cause I hadn’t done them last night). Watered the plants. Played with AP. Dressed him and gave him breakfast. Had coffee.
– Usually nanny arrives at 8:00 but she had to go to the doc. Baked some granola bars with AP. Raised him on a little footstool so he could watch/help. Let him greased the dish with his hands like finger painting.
– Changed the bed sheet. Had breakfast.
– Dressed AP and I up to go out. Went to buy laundry detergent.
– Came back at 10:30, same time nanny arrived. Started a load of laundry and did 4 total. We don’t have a dryer so had to lay everything out. Folded and put away clothes from a previous load.
– Empties suitcase from our trip last week-end and put away stuff.
– Took trash and recycling downstairs. Washed trash can.
– Repaired AP’s shirt. Cooked him lunch.
– Had lunch. Looked at recipes to decide what to make for dinner since we’re having a guest.
– Got dressed to go for a run and meet my friend. Our meeting time got delayed two hours so I watched episodes of Lost while waiting.
– Ran. Slid and scraped my elbow. It was cold and rainy. Met my friend for coffee. Ran back home. Stopped at grocery for a few things on the way back. More rain. Arrived home at 5pm.
– Prepared dinner. Fed AP. Had a shower. Finished preparing diner. Husband and guest arrived.
– Had diner. Enjoyed company. Put AP to bed. Wrote post.
I’m sure I’m missing some things but over all I feel like I had a pretty productive mommy day. I need to keep researching about stay-at-home mom’ing and improve on it. I can do this!